Our contact details:
Name: David Summerfield Ltd
Address: 74, Front Street, Chester-le-Street, Co. Durham DH3 3BB
Phone Number (0191) 3884323
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details).
- Transaction Data includes bank account and payment card details, details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
We DO NOT collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Direct interactions
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including face-to-face contact. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- make an enquiry in store, via our website, by email or by telephone;
- purchase our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions
We will use your personal data for the following reasons:
- To provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any account(s) you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- to contact you electronically about promotional offers, events, products and services which we think may interest you;
- to arrange appointments with you;
- for analysis, insight and market research purposes to better understand your needs and ensure we are giving you what you like;
- to administer competitions and identify and contact competition winners;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you;
- to ensure our, and our suppliers’, compliance with laws and regulations such as anti-modern slavery, anti-bribery and health and safety requirements ; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
We will use your personal data for marketing purposes and may send you postal mail, texts and/or emails to update you on our latest offers and events.
We aim to update you about products and services of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information:
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we use your data for:
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request by contacting us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your data protection rights:
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at David Summerfield, 74 Front Street Chester-le-Street, Co. Durham DH3 3BB if you wish to make a request.
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at: 74 Front Street, Chester-le-Street, Co. Durham,DH3 3BB. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk